Saturday, December 13, 2008

Its All Good Then

Today morning,I received a call,
would have been interesting, if it was a girl,
To my disappointment, it was our director,
and spoke in a voice, that raised my fear factor.

I know the attempt was no good,
but just wanted to see if i could.
i will end it with that i promise,
no longer you will have to go through this,
Oh My God!!! Somebody stop me
before i turn poetry into blasphemy.

That was fun, well, it was, for me....
The bottom line is that i got a call on a Saturday morning from the company director, saying that there have been some recent developments and he would like to schedule a meeting immediately. Given that the whole world is reaping the results of recession, that call raised more than one eye brow... it raised both my eyebrows

That meeting could mean

we may lose projects,
we may lose clients,
we might take a pay cut,
we might even get shut.
( Sorry, I could not help it ;) )

so with all these thoughts running across the mind we attended the meeting. It was presided over by the president, who began to talk about the times "we" are in and the sacrifices "we" have to make. Of course when he said "we" he meant "employees". Then i thought "maybe a pay cut".

Then he talked about how the client our division was involved with, is putting some projects on hold, i thought "shit its not the pay that is going to be cut". He read out the name of the project that is put on hold and another one that might be on hold. I am leading the project that might be on hold. Luckily for me, i am also leading another project that is client's priority. So i thought, " i am saved".
I can't even start to tell how disgusted i was with my momentary selfishness , i was happy that i was saved but, what about others. That is when our president talked about how we have succeeded in getting a new client and how another client we have started working with has raised a request for more resources.
So, everybody in our division will have their jobs after all and enough work to pull us through this recession. That is when i thought "Its All Good Then"!!
I was tempted to rhyme the last couple of sentences,
thank your lucky stars, my thoughts did not reach a consensus!!
Gotchaaaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment