Thursday, December 18, 2008

and Ye Shall Receive

This is not about "Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given to you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:"

This is about me and the lightning bolts i keep receiving from my father in heavens. No not my biological father, i am talking about the "HOLY FATHER" that created the heaven, the earth, the skies and the seas.

People reading my posts know that i bought a SUV and was overly attached with it. Reason being it is my first car and and it is the car i have been wanting to buy for a couple of years. This attachment with my car went up to the point where my wife said she thinks i care more for the car than her. Well she might have been right there but being the smart ass that i have always been, i told her that the car is not capable of taking care of itself, whereas she is perfectly capable.

Then it happened like this that my brother visited us and he does not know how to drive but wanted to use the car and hence asked me to appoint a temporary driver. My answer would have been an immediate no, but then i thought i shouldn't be such a self-centered prick and that resulted in me appointing a driver. I was so overly attached that i used to check the car for scratches every day after the driver returned the key.

That was when...
Enough is enough, God must have thought,
a nice lesson, this guy must be taught,
One fine evening, i got a call from my brother,
message was the driver, crashed my car into another.

I went to the spot fearing the worst, and the state of my car shattered me. I could not sleep that night. I was asking myself, why? why? why?
That was when i realized it was he who decided to let me own a car and that is the reason i could even afford to buy one. He wanted me to remember that everything that i think is mine is really given by him and he can take everything back unless i prove myself to be worthy of it and this is not the first time.

It is an untold, unwritten, understanding between me and my God that whenever i get intoxicated by over enthusiasm or over attachment or over confidence and other vices, he will remind me with subtle and gentle signs in the beginning and if i still did not wake up from my slumber, he will not hesitate to send a lightning bolt my way.

Hmm that is some pretty good soul searching.....
Hey look look i did not use the title in my post

No comments:

Post a Comment