Friday, February 18, 2011

Mothers Don't Care

Now don't get me wrong and get all bent over that title, because I have not assigned a context to it and according to Einstein's Theory of Relativity a title does not have any significance unless  it is spoken under a context. No!!! That is not what Theory of Relativity is about!!!
Anywayzzz let me put the title in context. How many superheroes do we have? How many of them have mothers? Of course all of them have mothers but in all those movies you have watched, how many showed their mothers?I will give you a list of superheroes and think how many have a mother by the time they have become superheroes.

Superman - Parents killed while he was an infant and is brought up by surrogate alien parents
Batman - Parents killed by a thief when he was a kid, raised by the butler
Spiderman - Parents dead, raised by aunt and uncle

I can go on Robin, Hulk, Flash, Fantastic Four, Phantom, a whole series of mutant superheroes in X-Men like Wolverine. There is no account of their mothers

Even if you consider the SCi-Fi / Socio Fantasy Adventure heroes 
Anakin Skywalker(a.k.a DarthVader, oh yes he is a hero, just turned to the dark side) - Mother killed by bandits
Luke Skywaker (son of Anakin Skywalker) - Mother died after conceiving him.
Han Solo , Yoda, Obi Wan Kenobi, Captain Kirk, Spock, Indiana Jones.

There is a strong reason on why there is no account of their mothers or they cease to exist by the time they have achieved their prime. If they existed the situations would have been like this

Yoda : Mom do we have anything to eat, very hungry, I am.
Mom : Look at you, you are the supreme Jedi master and you can't even get your grammar correct. I wonder who made you a master!!!

Darth Vader : Mom I have turned to the dark side, how do I look now?
Mom : Good for you honey, Now what is with that stupid helmet and heavy breathing? are you having an asthma attack???

Superman: Mom, I am flying off to fight bad guys
Mom : Why can't you take a car like everybody else and remember, no bullets in the eyes, I am not going to attend to your booboos.
Batman's Mom : What's wrong with you? Why can't you sleep in the nights and fight crime during day time like all other superheroes. Why can't you have a single girlfriend like Superman and Spidey ?

Spider Man's Mom : Spidey!!! I don't care if it is your gift or your curse just clean your room before you go out , I am not touching those cobwebs

See what I mean, Moms don't care if you are a warlord or a superhero, you are just a baby to them and all they want is to turn you into a respectable man and see you settle down in life. 
I am sure even Einstein's mother would have interrupted him during one of his greatest inventions  to yell, Albert, you need a haircut!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha....Albert you need a haircut! My albert got a haircut last night.

    I guess the theory w/ superheroes is if they had mom's, they wouldnt have come close to being super hero's.

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh they would be super heroes for the entire world but inside their homes they are going to be momma's boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. you couldn tbe more right!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I love it! But did you know that moms are super heroes? They carry their kid in their stomach for nine months, raise the kid and clean up after the kid and do the kids laundry and feed the kid for 18 years, then they turn around and offer free babysitting service to the kid's kids!

    ReplyDelete