Tuesday, February 08, 2011

I.F

I know, I know no posts for the past 40 days... Even this isn't going to be a regular post. The other day at office we were going to test a feature between our US office and Hyderabad office, that would replicate data between SANs using the internet. Although I made it sound a bit easy trust me it isn't and involves lot of complexity, I just simplified it for everybody to understand. For the perseverant types, it is, to put it in the words of the good immigration officer at the Washington D.C. airport to whom I have explained it as the purpose of my visit to US, "An advanced copy and paste".  I so much wanted to tell him that it isn't that simple, but I restrained myself so as to not piss him off and said... "You Got it !!!"

So we were going to test it and everybody was nervous on how it would turn out.  So I came up with a song that would cheer up everyone and will give us something to sing along while the replication is in progress. It is along the lines of "Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow".

Oh the thought itself is frightful
but the feature is so delightful
and since we have to test its fate
Replicate, Replicate, Replicate

It doesn't show signs of stopping,
And I've brought some corn for popping,
it will finish soon at this rate
Replicate, Replicate, Replicate

The speed is slowly dying
lets hope it will keep trying
please don’t go into suspended state
Replicate, Replicate, Replicate

when the replication is finally done
the celebrations will begin
but till then we will wait
Replicate, Replicate, Replicate

That was fun even though the test turned out to be a real disaster. In case you are wondering what the title means..it means... Inactivity Filler

2 comments:

  1. you are so demented!

    BTW, what is this US immigration officer scene? Do tell...

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but not demented enough yet... on the way... I will tell you about the immigration office later

    ReplyDelete