Friday, October 01, 2010

I Robot

When I announced before everybody that I would have been happy if Enthiran got the kind of attention than the Janmabhoomi/Babri verdict, people gave me "those" looks. I mean why not, for the sheer entertainment it can provide rather than people fighting over land in the name of religion and God, I am all for Enthiran A.K.A Robot.
To begin with I was never a fan of Rajinikanth and always wondered why the hell are people crazy over this guy. So I did what any sane guy with a sane mind would do, watch his films. In the beginning I disliked them but was strangely attracted to them. Then I would stop channel surfing and watch Rajinikanth without batting my eyes. His mere appearance worked magic on me like.. Govinda, Charlie Chaplin and the ilk of them. No I am not comparing them I am just saying that all these never fail to entertain me. Then finally his movie "Sivaji" nailed it, very deep, into my head and now if I have to die and allowed to do one last thing it would be to watch a Rajinikanth movie.
Coming to his latest movie, I keep hearing nonsense and cacophony about how the concept is copied from a bunch of Hollywood movies. Did you ignoramuses even know that "God created man in his own image". Now you don't hear people blaming God for copying do you!!! Even God ran out of ideas and had to copy himself to create man, I don't blame men who have acquired that by inheritance from God.
There are some who say that he looks all made up and very artificial. If this not an unfair comment I don't know what is!!! Hello... he plays a Cyborg and they are not supposed to look natural, they are supposed to be artificial and if robots don't look artificial I don't know who else should!! Of course with the exception of Aishwarya Rai. For once Rajinikanth gets to live up to his role and you go all gaga over him, Shame on you.
If there are any cyborgs that I approve of it's him , him and him and not him, he looks too natural to be a Robot. So there you go Robot, Robot, dil se dile milao.
P.S. : On a very related note while watching the promos I was confused if Rajni was playing the Robot or Aish...

4 comments:

  1. A rajnikanth fan.... Huh! Good for you, seems like you are turning a new leaf in your tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I ever mention that I am a Rajnikanth fan... come on read it again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. He appeals to a lot of people. That's the mark of a entertainer. And I like that his movies are so over the top :)

    N

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes NM I guess that is what makes it entertaining. When I watched the movie "Wanted" my only thought was I would only digest it if it was a Rajnikanth movie ;)

    ReplyDelete