Saturday, June 02, 2007

Multi Tasking

Recently I watched an Advertisement in the TV, it as an Ad of AMD processors inviting people who think they are kings of multi tasking. They will be evaluated and decided on who does the best multi tasking.

That kept me wondering what is considered as multi tasking as I believe that every human being is equipped with multi tasking. So I wondered if the following are considered as multi tasking.

  1. I can comfortably chat with up to 5 people using instant messenger without them knowing that I am talking to others. All the while listening to Music.
  2. I can write a document or code all the while listening to Music or listening to someone and replying them.
  3. I can listen to two people at the same time and grasp what both of them have been trying to tell me all the while thinking about what to do for dinner.
  4. Many of us read newspapers while sitting on "you know where" and doing "you know what" and some even smoke a cigarette at the same time. Is this multi tasking.
  5. I once brushed while taking bath
  6. I have seen people lighting a cigarette while driving, and there are some who drink smoke and drive at the same time.
  7. I have seen people opening their door, spit whatever they have in their mouths and close the door "while driving".
The list continues, my point here is that the world is full of crazy people doing lots of crazy stuff at the same time so multi tasking is nothing all that great. I almost forgot, i can write with both my hands at the same time but they have to be the same alphabet or digit or shape. However hard i try i can never write two different alphabets or numbers or draw different shapes with both hands at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. hmm....iming 5 people at the same time is not multi tasking.

    Try this next time, while cooking, sort the "mail" not email, real paper mail, and giving advice to a friend on cell, and cutting vegetables while doing that, and still have the dishwasher running (which you loaded while talking on the phone) and washing machine ( which u loaded too) at the same. Top this, ofcourse, this is for people without kids, the ones with kids, it's a different story there. No !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I am also king of multi tasking :). I can chat in google, yahoo, listen to songs, talk on cell phone, check my emails and also mails , and think about other stuff while doing all these..heee

    ReplyDelete