Friday, November 26, 2010

Of Radios and Hockey Matches

Have you ever had a feeling that you are floating pleasantly..in the clouds, soaking the warm rays of sun.. in slow motion enjoying everything around and suddenly you are plummeted to the ground and slapped back to reality and your mind goes What the Duck!!!
I had the exact same feeling today morning while driving back home after my exercise routine. I was Chillaxing to the music of Guzarish, and the song being played was "Guzaarish Hai".  I was swinging and swaying and in general enjoying the slow tempo and well formed lyrics of the song, feeling all those wonderful feelings and that is when I hear a line totally out of sync with the mood and the flow of the song  and I wondered if it was written and composed by Anu Malik and it left me with that ugly feeling. It was as if the lyricist has run out of imagination by the time he reached that line and had to put some filler to finish it. I will not forgive him for that.
There was this other time when I was watching "Chak De India" (one of those movies where Sharukh doesn't bend backwards with his chest protruding,open arms, turning the head to a side, gives those dimple smiles, and the girl runs into him), during the world cup matches where the Jharkhand girl  "Soimoi Kerketa" doesn't know who to pass the ball and asks a senior player "Bindia Naik" to which the senior replies "Go and ask  your captain". I was like isn't she one of the best hockey player from her state and isn't that the reason she was chosen into the national team that would play for the world cup and has been trained to do so and she doesn't know who to pass the ball. I mean I see scenes in the movie where the coach,  Shahrukh Khan keeps juggling glasses, spoons, pens, sticks, virtually anything that he comes across obviously trying out different strategic moves, has he forgot to actually tell the team about those moves !!!.
Again in the same world cup matches the Punjab girl "Balbir Kaur" and the Jharkhand girl "Soimoi Kerketa" fail to understand the referee's warnings and these are the girls chosen for a national team to play for Hockey World Cup. Sign language and colour coded cards are used universally by the referees to overcome the language barrier and communicate effectively with all the players around the world. What was their coach Kabir Khan doing? Ohh right!! it is played by Sharukh Khan, and any role that he plays you see Sharukh Khan and the role itself shies away into the shades of his glorious personality. He was playing himself in coach Kabir Khan's role and was so busy being the "Gunda" of the team, shouting random dialogs, sending players out of the field and didn't realize that the games have referees and they follow some rules and guidelines and it is important for the team to learn them before going for the World Cup. Ohh my bad , it is the coach's responsibility and   Sharukh Khan was playing himself and not the coach's role so there you go, now wonder the players did not understand the referees.
It is matters like these that make these movies or songs fall short of what you would call a "Master Piece".
Now for those of you who would like to come back at me for criticizing Sharukh, trust me I was one of those people who sincerely wished that Sunny Deol should die and Juhi Chawla should fall in love with Sharukh in the movie Darr.

PS: On an unrelated note I hope Sanjay Leela Bhansali has enough sense not to send this film of his for Oscar nominations because the original film "The Sea Inside" has already won an academy award for "Best Foreign Language Film", and they would have second thoughts about giving the same award again to a copy of the film.

PSS: I just came to know that the director SLB is the music director too. No wonder, the genius of copy films ran out of imagination. I forgive you, we can't expect master pieces from you.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I still love srk maan, what abt ddlj, raju bangaya gentleman. Give the guy credit for chak de india, listen to sattar minute dialogue from that movie, absolutely inspiring. I thought u were trashing a. Malik, bechara hamare shah rukh darling ke picche kyon padey hue ho!

    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't I say I wished Sunny Deol dies and juhi chawla falls in love with SRK in Darr... This is not about SRK.. check out my next post

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is about srk, and i was so upset for a very long time that poor dude didnt get the girl in Darr..keep posting.

    I

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like the chaand ki katori hai song....

    I

    ReplyDelete