Sunday, November 05, 2006

I am lovin it

This is a bit hard to digest for those who know me well but, yes i have started dieting. Have you ever given a thought about "die" being a part of a "diet". So i stopped eating at nights and survive with a glass of buttermilk and at times a couple of phulkas.In mornings i have a standard South Indian breakfast and pack the same for lunch. So lunch essentially forms my last meal of the day. I have done this before but i gave in to my craving for favourite food. so this time i came up with a plan. I maintain my diet every day but will give an exception once in a while and eat junk food or food i really like. Things are going smoothly with the adjustments i have made. Yesterday was the day i thought of having some junk food, something that is deeply fried in oil.I have already had Chinese so it was time for some American fast food.

There are two options KFC and McDonald's. I personally prefer KFC but, we were going to watch a movie and McDonald,s happens to be in the same building. So i thought fine, lets eat at McD's "The family restaurant".

The advertisement for the restaurant features different characters saying " I am Lovin' it".

So we enter the restaurant and its packed, cant really blame the restaurant, people always crowd into the restaurant for various reasons. So we stand in a lengthy line looking at the options we have on the menu. Not really many options, but still wanted to make the best out of it thus satisfying my craving for junk food. So i thought of a chicken Mc Maharaja and chicken Mexican wrap with regular fries and large pepsi. So i started placing my order.

Me: Can i have one Chicken Mc maharaja and some....
He: Sorry sir we don't have that...
Me: but you put it on your menu...
He: yes sir but its not available sir, we are very sorry about it
Me: ok give me Chicken Mc grill and some...
HE: sorry sir we don't have chicken Mc grill, however we have the regular Mc chicken
Me: What the... ok give me a fillet O fish and chicken Mexican wrap and make it a ....
He: I am terribly sorry sir we don't have that too....
Me: Ok I cant guess anymore so why don't you tell me what all you have...
He: McChicken, fillet O fish in non vegetarian
Me: I am sure Mc veggie is also not available
He: yes sir, sorry sir (smiling 32 teeth out) how did you know...
Me: I was going to order that next....
He: hehehehehe(shyly)
Me: ok i will have a fillet O fish, make it a combo with regular fries and a large pepsi.
He: I am Sorry Sir we don't have large pepsi....
Me: What the bloody hell you just have to pour pepsi in a larger container what do you mean you don't have it....
He: Very sorry sir we are short of containers
Me: How about a kids meal?
He: SO...
Me: Wait, i know what you are going to say, Sorry sir we dont have it... and you dont even have chicken nuggets right
HE: (Smiling broadly)
(If physical assault wasn't illegal, i would have had my share of it)

I take my food and sit at the table cursing him deeply for ruining my junk food evening... The i started looking around wondering why the hell are all these people crazy about this place... Then a couple sitting beside us with ice cream cones caught my attention. I saw that both the cones were dripping. The guy was searching for handkerchief and asking for some tissues simultaneously... before anyone could respond ice cream from both the cones just fell off the cones.. don't ask me how and the cone was crumpled and lost its shape as if it was made out of paper.. the couple were so pissed off they started shouting.. the manager appears within no time smiling broadly and asking how he can help.... he analysed the situation and got the couple another ice cream which was suffering the same fate as earlier... Now the guy drops both the cones on the floor before the ice cream falls out by itself and they leave......

Do i have to say ...... " I am lovin' it"......

2 comments:

  1. that is so funny ! what did you end of ordering finally ! And which movie wer eyou headed to ? in some twisted way seems like these kind of situations do help in curbing the cravings for junk food. but that is so hilarious that McD's didnt have the very food they r in business for. It's like going going to a pub and asking for a beer and they not having one !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had Crispy McD's chicken Sandwich, one large fries, coke this afternoon. ha ha ha...

    ReplyDelete