Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Memories


An era of poetry has come to an end
leaving an aura of passion behind
the emptiness that is left
feels almost impossible to forget
i realize as the sun sets into a stream
today is melting into yesterday's dream
now as i stand in the night so lonely and dark
i could hear the song of a distant lark
promising a new tomorrow, shining and bright
so i move on with a spark of hope in sight
that even though death did us part
you are alive.. in the memories of my heart

1 comment:

  1. An era of poetry has indeed come to an end,
    like the river trickling over a ivy laden bend...
    over the rivers, valleys, clefts and nooks,
    flowing under the Sun's glittering looks...
    When the vulture that in the dark, holds sway,
    Searching for a light to show me the way...
    I seek hither thither for a benevolent soul
    to guide me along the path to a greater goal...
    Indeed I am alive with hope for a greater good
    Distress binds my sight for the opressed
    My heart rents and weeps for the suppressed
    As compassion leads me along the river of fate
    over the path trodden for the greater good...
    The pain in my heart does with time abate
    For I know, when I fulfill this deed
    and the world will heed,
    that death cannot do us part
    you live forever... in the memories of my heart

    ReplyDelete